Customer reviews are one of the best ways to gain your customers' trust and increase your revenue. And with the customer review platform Judge.me your customers can write and share reviews with ease.
For more information, visit: https://www.judge.me/
- Collect and showcase product and site reviews to give your customers a voice.
- Customers reading reviews are 4x more likely to convert into paying customers and have an average 28% higher basket value.
- Reviews will help you gain deeper insights into what your customers think and will help you better understand how they feel about their overall shopping experience.
Activation and Requirements
Please connect with us to integrate Judge.me into your store. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your onboarding manager.
We will ask for your shop's domain (store-xxxxx.mybigcommerce.com) and your public token in Judge.me Settings > Integrations > Developers > Judge.me API:
In addition, please let us know where you want which review snippets to show from the following list:
- Preview badge (star rating) on product detail pages and product tiles on category pages
- Review widget (to read or submit reviews on the Product Details Page)
- Review carousel
- All reviews text
- Verified reviews count badge
- Floating reviews tab
- All reviews page
For more technical details see this Judge.me integration technical support article https://support.judge.me/en/support/solutions/articles/44001699623-install-judge-me-widgets-in-bigcommerce
Updating the Judge.me domain value
After integration with Styla and depending on your domain setup, it might be necessary to adjust your domain value in Judge.me, so that emails sent from Judge.me point shoppers to the correct domain.
The "custom_domain" value in the Judge.me settings should be the domain that Styla runs on, not a subdomain (which might be the default that judge.me gets from BigCommerce)
You can view the current value of this field by using this API call: https://judge.me/api/docs#tag/Shops/operation/shops#info
You can update the value of field with this call: https://judge.me/api/docs#tag/Shops/operation/shops#update
Any API client, like Postman, can be used to do this.
Your Styla contact can help you to make this change, alternatively the Judge.me support can also be of assistance.