You can now connect your Styla storefront to Google Analytics 4 and track 12 ecommerce events.
This enables you to measure traffic and engagement across your websites and apps and have everything tracked in your Google Analytics Dashboard.
- Collect behavioural data from shoppers who visit your Styla headless storefront
- Analyse shopper behavioural data in Google Analytics and see what optimizations you make on your store have what effect on important ecommerce metrics like conversion rate, basket size, and the click journey to check out
- Find out which pages, blogs, categories or products are the most viewed and what is added to cart without any checkouts.
Activation and Requirements
- Create a Google Analytics 4 account, if you don't have one already
Copy your GA4 Measurement ID (or create a new one if you want to track your Styla Storefront separately)
- Log in to Styla
- Go to Header & Footer Layout Standards under the settings icon
- Place the Analytics Module above the Header Module
- Edit the module and paste in your GA4 Measurement ID in to the field
- Save & Re-render
After you've completed these steps, Google Analytics will start working on your page.
Tracked Ecommerce Events
- view_item: a user views an item
- view_item_list: a user sees a list of items/offerings. eg. categories
- select_item: a user selects an item from a list
- add_to_wishlist: a user adds an item to a wishlist
- view_cart: a user views their cart
- add_to_cart: a user adds an item to their cart
- remove_from_cart: a user removes items from a cart
- login: a user logs in
- search: a user uses the search function
- sign_up: a user signs up
- begin_checkout: a user begins checkout
- purchase: a checkout has been completed successfully, and the order success page is being shown.